Building on Windows issues

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
robertkjr3d
Authentication code: 6789

Building on Windows issues

Post by robertkjr3d »

I'm trying to use the instructions at: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/insta ... hp#windows
These are incredibly old, talking about Windows98 even. So when using VS2013 to build the 'Configure' solution, I'm getting consistent type conversion errors. I must not be doing something right. The (.sln) solution originally had a VS2010 signature btw, so it wasn't that old.

The 1st thing that happened is that I need to convert the type to Unicode. Ok no problem. Then the build errors are littered with these as examples:

Error 3 error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'char [260]' to 'LPWSTR' C:\#######\ImageMagick-6.9.1\VisualMagick\configure\Pages\SystemPage.cpp 144 1 configure

Error 4 error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR' C:\#######\ImageMagick-6.9.1\VisualMagick\configure\Pages\SystemPage.cpp 145 1 configure

This would suggest the project is missing something, that interprets these special types. Or a reference is missing, not in the instructions.