PNG output of script showing up in terminal

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
johnfl68
Authentication code: 13

PNG output of script showing up in terminal

Post by johnfl68 »

I have an odd problem, that I can not figure out.

I have Perl ImageMagick scripts that have been running on Ubuntu 14.04 for some time. I am trying to set up same scripts on another host provider, still same server and everything, just different Virtual Instance.

When I run the script from the terminal, all the PNG images are being output as both files as expected, but also the file output is showing up on the terminal as well, scrolling by real fast.

I have no idea why it would be doing this, everything should be identical between both servers.

If anyone has seen this before, and has any clue as to what may be going on, please let me know.

Thank you!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: PNG output of script showing up in terminal

Post by fmw42 »

We cannot help unless we see your code that is causing this difficulty. Also what data is sent to the terminal?

Does it work in equivalent command line mode?

Also what version of Imagemagick. Please read viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9620
johnfl68
Authentication code: 13

Post by johnfl68 »

Version: ImageMagick 6.7.7-10 2014-03-06 Q16

Code: Select all

$image->Write( filename => "png24:$outputfile" );
gforce@keyop:~$ /home/weather/templates/landscape/HDbuilderIO.pl
‰PNG

‰PNG

IHDR € 8 g±V gAMA ±üa sRGB ®Îé cHRM z& €„ ú €è u0 ê` :˜ pœºQ< bKGD ÿ ÿ ÿ ½§“ pHYs H H FÉk> € IDATxÚìÝw˜Uð;If’l£×¥÷¢¢Ò›‚(ˆ‚X±+Š½~öÞ{/ØP¬ *”*‚ô&½³Àî²½¦g¾?9ܝ,Ë–dgÞßãÃ3ÉNîÜ™$+¼99Wùu¿. "Íbö àÄ„ ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *@ @T € €¨@
Q ¢4 Dh ˆ
Ð   *lfOàÄá*Èß±~Eêž…y9ŠÅâpÆ֪߰IëöÍÛwÑì³gÇw¢>ƒÙé‡nèÞ„¶‡^qӝ¯}nöŒNp¿oþ´/—þñSÒÖ
ù9Y±µj7iÕîÌAç]~ïSfO­|ªøQ˜—sÕ)uh{И«î{÷ÛŠísÃ% €štl^ñÏoŸ¾¹fᬀßþSÍá<­ßó®¹µû‘Š¢˜=Y(ÁIþf¥¥¾sïµ;Ö¯8¥ÏÙ÷¾ýU\íºÕmÀ$mÿžnu`ç¾'/3=/3=±u³§V'ù;Â\'ÕÛçí{®^ôËw•¡AbËÏ–%=2¦ÿ¶5K…vgÌGo¯×¤YézuÂØe³§!EyñÇE]z
4ûJ œÈЂ£R
órÞ¼óÊÇ/´rîï%&5B¯ÛµzÁoÞ5Îã*2{¾5˜®_<wÎ÷ŸEvX<ƒBˆ¯_~dÿóÝ…«çÏüþÍ’«tËuýË2à )7óð£cÊés|zŽØ8!ÄÐ+n2{ve‚w„éNÚ·OeÜôÌ;ôYˆÇU4ù¥‡JßyÅ_¿Rú,„qÝHŸ ¢
tÅeL~xt¿Å¿O5ܯ(Šb1^س.爉5{Ê5’~ÿÆ“7÷kõÌUç®û篎Œg¤§ìãíÃ’?­Àõ/}ÀØgOݝ•–JÛ}GŒýdÉîoþ˘º5ÿãÅ»jDÈ…wDupÒ¾}*£}·žƒÇ^KÛ‹›BÕÐ%**ÈûôÉ;i»a³V×<òŠÙs 8ñ¡Gåç>5nhÊîí|O«.݆»å̳ϫפ™MÕ¼nWFê}Û7­YðÇ?¿~͞rMåóy§½÷BćÅ3Èιì†Í+þB(Š2øÒë?­Àõ/}ÀUzʾÿø‘¶{ùÐĹ=Eã–mÍžÝñáQMœToŸ³.׺Ëé%þhÕü™›—/¢í]Ùö”3KÜ-&¾m\óÈËKgÿì.,B|þô=¯ÏXYb˜¯_~$óP
mßñÚgø  
€® Ož¸ƒ“EQ®¼ÿÙKî|ÌbµòšÃÙ´M‡¦m:ô=ÿâky¹V½†fOŠÁ3Ȇ\z}£æ­·­]Öµ÷Yº÷«†ÖëÍуAÚ¾òÏÕ¸æÈxGT'ÕÛ§ûÝ‡Œ(ñGÙé‡8€î1xÄ ‹¯.}¨:
›\rçcß¾ú˜b׆Õó§}9ôò
ûl[³ô¯o?¦íaWŽï6`¨Ù ऀ º"–Íž.¯›týo\tóý¥ì¤¦ºÁ3hеϠ®}Uç«¿¤­ÿцMÕÚt=Ãìé”ÞÕÊIøö‰ˆ‹n¾î÷Ÿ¥Ø+„øöÕÇú¼ÔÏ?õû¼>t³®ëBˆzoxâ
³ç p²@èŠøþ'y»ïˆ±¥'5P
ᄈËÏΤ
J¸j¼#à jö띶s2Ò¦½÷¼üÓŸ?|…½í•O¸w D* ËmÝ¢¿ø±šÝqã“oUlœIÏÜ;ã‹wiûƒ…[›µíTânkÿþó¹kϧ훞~{ÔM÷ò
ór®:¥msÕ}ï~+„ؾvù¬¯?ܹnEzÊ~Ÿ×#„xàýï^teö7X½àå³§oYµ$ûðÁ€ÏW»nÃf­:÷Ðä¥íNëQâäMÿöí{¯BÜûÎ×g_|"óPʼ©“VÍ›q8e_Q^n|íº­»žÞoä¥C.¹Nþ²?ùõ“7&¿ø |ϲY?nQ¬³ÁÍϽ?òú;MyeÙ‡.úå»5gLÚ•›qXs8kÕkЮ[ÏîgŸßÔe6U‹øÅ ·}íò¿§³qéÂÌCÉŸ/¾ný¶§œ9ðÂ+ºô>«ÄýgLzgÒ³÷îœøÏÎ&­ÚUìúwÀêsÑÖ-úëï_¾Ý±vyVZjÀï¯Ó°që.§w0´×¹6HlY®§þ©+‡nøw¾|OÀïÓòèg{O}=û̳ϋԨä»øXW£:¼#¢¤\¿¸>{úî?¾|Ÿ¶_ýuYÇ3û”2òϽòÍ+Òö#ŸNߺjÉoŸ¹tãxî²{ž,å±Ï\uîúÅs…Š¢|ø÷ö¦­Û—÷ícÖ%ªæúŽ{Jß³7-û[1cһ玻….`òîm?}ðí3èâ«{iöL N" ËmÁ“y»÷ðÑ
[˜=£#ô`ð›W›>ñUùÎø:õúœq%÷ß½iíÄG&ìÚ°Z¾3+

... and on and on and on

Like I said, same code on same Ubuntu Server version with everything up to date.

Sorry I am a bit rushed, dealing with a DDoS attack at original data center that host network providers have been fighting for 36+ hours and the attack is continuing, and I am trying to move everything to another provider to get service back to my clients.

There are over 40,000 lines of code, that work fine on the other server. Sorry, I'm not posting everything, just seeing if anyone had an idea and had seen this behavior before.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

What do you get on both servers from

convert -list configure | grep "DELEGATES"
Do you have the same delegates available and are they the same versions, esp. for PNG?

convert -list format
may help identify versions.