PAID: Need Script for Resizing/Rescaling Batches of Transparent PNGs to new Multiple Sizes

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
jlynne
Authentication code: 1151

PAID: Need Script for Resizing/Rescaling Batches of Transparent PNGs to new Multiple Sizes

Post by jlynne »

I have tried to do this with BIMP/GIMP but since I have to manually apply the settings for each of the new 290 sizes to process the *.png files in the Resize folder, it is taking me weeks to finish and I need to get this done yesterday. Plus, I'll have to do this again at a future date with more *.png files.

Here is what I've been doing:
* I have a folder called "To Resize" full of *.png files. Currently there are about 40-ish files of varying sizes. Next time I need to do this, it could be 1 or 10 or whatever.
* I have a list of 290 sizes (TargetWidth x TargetHeight) that each of these files needs to be resized/rescaled to. (Thus, there will be 290 new files plus the original for each image.)
* All images need to be changed to 300 DPI. Most are currently 72 DPI.
* Each individual image should be rescaled to as close as possible to the target size. Then the canvas should be resized to the target size with the rescaled image in the "center" and the "empty" area filled with "transparent background".
* The new image will be renamed to the pattern OrigFileName_TargetSize.png and saved to the folder "To Sort". (TargetSize is equivalent to TargetWidthxTargetHeight)

For example, an image named "Deadbeat Club (Cropped).png" and originally sized 2850x2400 might be resized to 657x657 and renamed "Deadbeat Club (Cropped)_657x657.png" or be resized to 21600x14400 and become "Deadbeat Club (Cropped)_21600x14400.png". The original ratio remains the same.

I would like to have all the target sizes in a file to be read and all the files to be resized in the "To Resize" folder so I can just make add new sizes if necessary. Then just have a single command line batch file to run that will process everything without having me to intervene every 1 - 5 minutes.

I am happy using whatever application I have to (except Photoshop) if it will get this done easily.

Please send me your contact info and estimates for time and cost.

And thank you in advance!
Jenn
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: PAID: Need Script for Resizing/Rescaling Batches of Transparent PNGs to new Multiple Sizes

Post by fmw42 »

What is your IM version and platform?
Bonzo

Re: PAID: Need Script for Resizing/Rescaling Batches of Transparent PNGs to new Multiple Sizes

Post by Bonzo »

You may want to rethink your output names as spaces and parenthese may cause problems later on.