Install additional tasks

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
JockyMc
Authentication code: 1152

Install additional tasks

Post by JockyMc »

Hi, new user here.
I'm trying to install IM 7 on Windows using the command line. It's easy enough, however I just can't work out how to install the additional tasks that you get via the wizard, such as intalling additional headers and legacy tools like convert.exe. I'm sure these must be listed under the /TASK switch, but I thought it would be as simple as finding a list of tasks and adding them to this switch.
I'm probably missing something really obvious, but any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Install additional tasks

Post by snibgo »

What command are you using?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
JockyMc

Post by JockyMc »

I'm basically trying to do a silent install, so using the appropriate flags for this.

ImageMagick-7.0.8-14-Q16-x86-dll.exe /SP /VERYSILENT /NOCANCEL

If I've read correctly, the help says you can install additional tasks using the /TASKS argument, but it seems more complicated than I'd think it would be. I thought it would just be a list of tasks that I chose from and put them into a comma separated string...

Thanks for any info.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

I didn't know installing on Windows without the wizard was possible. But it is.

Run the executable with "/?" for a list of options. Annoyingly the list is in a non-scrollable non-resizable window, with options disappearing off the window. But it tells me I can:

Code: Select all

ImageMagick-7.0.7-28-Q16-HDRI-x64-dll.exe /saveinf=mysetup.txt /log=mylog.txt
I complete the re-installation, and it creates the two files. mylog.txt doesn't help your problem, but mysetup.txt does:

Code: Select all

[Setup]
Lang=default
Dir=C:\ProgramFiles\ImageMagick-7.0.7-28-Q16-HDRI
Group=ImageMagick 7.0.7 Q16-HDRI (64-bit)
NoIcons=0
Tasks=install_ffmpeg,legacy_support,install_devel
Does that answer your question?

I can't find source code for whatever creates the task list in the IM source distribution.

For a full list of available tasks, you could do an installation with all boxes ticked, then examine mysetup.txt.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
JockyMc

Post by JockyMc »

You're a star :)
That worked perfectly.
Thanks very much for your help.