invoke the Imagick binary with the following path /usr/bin/convert.....

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
nigel mcilwaine
Authentication code: 1152

invoke the Imagick binary with the following path /usr/bin/convert.....

Post by nigel mcilwaine »

Hi,

I am after some advice / help really. I am trying to you a plugin called NB Designer (https://cmsmart.net/wordpress-plugins/w ... ner-plugin) that uses your ImageMagick script to create a jpg of a front end user edited piece of artwork in order to use on social media.

But between my hosts and the plugin developers inability to do anything outside of their very tunnel visioned remitt I am not getting anywhere. The plugin dev's say they need ImageMagick to be installed and enabled on the server for the plugin to work. The Hosts say 'it is installed to the servers as a binary to location /usr/bin/convert' and have asked the plugin devs to edit the file path used to call the script - /usr/bin/convert.

At this point the Plugin dev's say I should learn how to do this with the help of the hosts and the hosts say that iot is the job of the Plugin Dev's to either do it or tell me how and where the change needs to be done.

I am now going in circles with neither party seeming like they are going to budge.

Are you able to help in any way or offer any advice. I can supply any information you need and pass on any information or either party if it will help.

I would really appreciate your help or guidance with this.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: invoke the Imagick binary with the following path /usr/bin/convert.....

Post by snibgo »

I know nothing about NB designer or how to configure it. Why are you using it? Why not simply use ImageMagick from the command line?

Does ImageMagick work at the command line? What does "magick -version" say? What does "convert -version" say? What happens when you prefix those commands with "/usr/bin/convert"?

If those work, then ImageMagick is installed.
... /usr/bin/convert' and have asked the plugin devs to edit the file path used to call the script - /usr/bin/convert
"convert" is an executable binary program, not a script.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
nigel mcilwaine

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned 'The Hosts say 'it is installed to the servers as a binary' and I would need to edit the path used to invoke the Imagick script to /usr/bin/convert. Not sure what the command line is and how it would help as this is a frontend website system where the end user needs to click a button and download the image created, and I couldn't expect my customers or staff to open up a command line in order to download a jpg.

Basically who are you saying should be editing the plugin scripts in order to invoke the binary version of Imagick, the developers of the nb plugin or the hosts.

cheers
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

nigel mcilwaine wrote:... and I would need to edit the path used to invoke the Imagick script ...
Imagick is a different product to ImageMagick. Do you mean Imagick? If so, then you should also install that.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
nigel mcilwaine

Thanks for your reply, sorry I missed it.