PerlMagick Apache Win32 install problem

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
kid_drew

PerlMagick Apache Win32 install problem

Post by kid_drew »

Hey everybody,
I'm trying to get PerlMagick working in a Win32 Apache 2.0.59 environment. ImageMagick version 6.3.2 Q16, ActivePerl 5.8.8.819 which is what ImageMagick calls for. Everything runs fine from command line, but Apache doesn't like the use Image::Magick call.

Software error:

Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll' for module Image::Magick: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at C:/cygwin/home/Owner/webroot/sUd/convert_test.pl line 5
Compilation failed in require at C:/cygwin/home/Owner/webroot/sUd/convert_test.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/cygwin/home/Owner/webroot/sUd/convert_test.pl line 5.

Magick.dll is definitely in the specified path, so I'm completely dumbfounded. Any ideas?
rethaew

Re: PerlMagick Apache Win32 install problem

Post by rethaew »

I am getting the similar errors on Win2003 Apache 2.2.4 ActivePerl 5.8.8.820. I've seen a few other posts here or there with similar problem, but no real solutions. Here is the error I get:

Code: Select all

Can't load 'D:/perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll' for module Image::Magick: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at D:/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
Documentation and installation instructions are haphazard and apparently outdated. If anyone has some solutions I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. Too bad because it looks like a useful utility. I guess I'll look at other tools for the time being.
rethaew

Re: PerlMagick Apache Win32 install problem

Post by rethaew »

Not sure if this is a fix but I saw that the dates and sizes of the dll files in the perl/site/lib/auto/image/magick folder were different than in the ImageMagick installation folder (D:/ImageMagick in my case) So I copies all the dlls from the intallation folder to the perl folder and my test scripts will now compile. Again, not sure if this is a fix, but it apparently got things working for me.