compile convert only

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
GRMrGecko

compile convert only

Post by GRMrGecko »

Is it possible to compile convert only?
Because it seems to take hours to compile and if i can compile convert only it would go faster.
magick
Site Admin

Re: compile convert only

Post by magick »

You certainly could modify the Makefile to only compile convert, however, convert relies on the MagickCore and MagickWand libraries which consumes the great majority of the compile/build time.
GRMrGecko

Post by GRMrGecko »

Ok than I won't make it compile Convert only.
Is it possible to compile it so I can use Convert on any computer with out having it installed (Running Make Install) or like compile it with the libs included in to the binary.
I'm trying to make a application that have to do with pnm, pgm and ppm images and I want to convert it to png and to be able to convert it back. This is the only program I found that can do it.
GRMrGecko

Post by GRMrGecko »

Oh yea this is how I configured it

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-shared --enable-static --disable-ltdl-install --without-dps --with-ttf --with-bzlib --with-jpeg --with-png --with-tiff --with-zlib --with-modules --with-xml --without-x --without-perl --without-fpx --without-gslib --without-jbig --without-jp2 --without-lcms --without-wmf --without-gvc --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-osx-universal-binary
immwn
Authentication code: 1152

Post by immwn »

Hi
Is there any way to compile and build only convert function by putting any flag in ./configure ? Or at least by modifying configure file? For my application I only need convert function.

Thanks