Debug libs

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
Nicola

Debug libs

Post by Nicola »

Hello,

I started working with ImageMagick under VC++ and wonder where to get debug libs of the ImageMagick libs. I have a project working fine in release mode but throwing runtime exception in debug mode - probably because I link with the release versions of the libs.

Thanks in advance,
Nicola

P.S.: sorry for the multi-post
magick
Site Admin

Re: Debug libs

Post by magick »

You will need to compile ImageMagick from source yourself to create debug versions of the library. We already maintain 5 different releases of the Windows binaries and are not inclined to support any more.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi,

thank you for your fast reply. I will see whether I can handle compiling debug versions by myself. Are there available any solutions/projects for VS 2005?
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Yes, grab the Windows source distribution from http://www.imagemagick.org/script/insta ... hp#windows.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

OK, I think building a debug version of the libs and linking those to my project worked fine. But I still get a runtime error when running my app in debug mode (running fine in release mode):
Microsoft C++ exception: Magick::ErrorMissingDelegate at memory location 0x0012cab4..

Do you have an idea why and/or how to fix this? I'd really like to debug my app...

Thank you for support till now and in advance ;-)

EDIT: The exception is thrown, when trying to init an Image object with a BMP:

Code: Select all

Magick::InitializeMagick( argv[0] );
Magick::Image cMagickImage( "black.bmp" );
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi,

I'm not sure whether I understood everything, but I did the following:
1. Put all the XML files into the .exe directory
2. Added to the PATH-variable: ...\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\bin; ...ImageMagick\coders
3. Added an environment variable MAGICK_HOME with ...ImageMagick\coders

Unfortunately, nothing changed anything to the thrown exception.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

An easy solution is to put *.xml, *.exe, and *.dll all in the same folder. To determine where ImageMagick is looking for its configuration files and modules, type
  • convert -debug configure,module logo: logo.png
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

magick wrote:An easy solution is to put *.xml, *.exe, and *.dll all in the same folder. To determine where ImageMagick is looking for its configuration files and modules, type
  • convert -debug configure,module logo: logo.png
I thought I've already done so, but obviously I missed something the first time. Now it works. Thank you very much!