Fresh install gives Perl_croak_xs_usage error

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
brancusi

Fresh install gives Perl_croak_xs_usage error

Post by brancusi »

I'm using Perl 5.10 build 1004 and have just installed Imagemagick & Perlmagick using ImageMagick-6.5.6-4-Q16-windows-dll.exe from the download page.

I've done this install on lots of other systems (probably older versions) without issue, but on this one when I have a script with use Image::Magick I get a beep and a dialog box saying "The procedure entry point Perl_croak_xs_usage" could not be located in the dynamic link library perl510.dll" and then when I press "OK" the script gives the error;

Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll' for module Image::Magick: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 202.

Any ideas? This has me stumped!

Thanks
brancusi
brancusi

Re: Fresh install gives Perl_croak_xs_usage error

Post by brancusi »

Just noticed that The installer says "install perlmagick for Perl v5.10.1 build 1006" which I obviously am not running ... seems to me that the installer should be able to figure this out and warn me, I guess this is the problem?

brancusi
magick
Site Admin

Re: Fresh install gives Perl_croak_xs_usage error

Post by magick »

• seems to me that the installer should be able to figure this out and warn me
So much to do, so little time. ImageMagick is open source and includes the Windows installer. If you figure out how to detect the Perl release and only install PerlMagick if the version requirements are met, let us know. See ImageMagick-6.5.6-4/VisualMagick/installer/inc.