perlmagick crashes perl when calling Write

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
benbak

perlmagick crashes perl when calling Write

Post by benbak »

Hi

I have installed active perl 5.10.1 and imagemagic 6.5.7 successfully on a windows machine. when I run my script both ->Scale and ->Open, run successfully without throwing any exceptions, but when I call $magick->Write(file=>\*IMAGE, filename=>$newpathname); it crashes perl.exe without throwing any errors in the apache log file.

I'm new to perl and perlmagick, please help.

best regards

Thanks
magick
Site Admin

Re: perlmagick crashes perl when calling Write

Post by magick »

Windows appears to restrict the passing of file handles from one DLL (PerlMagick XS) to another (ActiveState Perl). You can write to a filename but writing to a file handle causes a fault. If a Windows expert knows of a work around for this problem, we'd like to hear about it.
kmx

Re: perlmagick crashes perl when calling Write

Post by kmx »

Hi,

I have not investigated this into details but the described behaviour might be caused by the fact that Perl DLL is linked with different version of C-runtime library than Image Magick DLL.

If the versions of C-runtime libraries differ (or one of the DLL is linked with /MT option) than it is the situation described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 80%29.aspx

--
kmx