PDF image colorspace [RESOLVED]

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: PDF image colorspace

Post by fmw42 »

your pdf has a white background, but your png seems to have a transparent background, but the greens are the same!

I confirmed the same using IM as:

convert 31.png show:

and

convert 31.pdf show:

in addition to displaying in Mac Preview.
larowlan

Re: PDF image colorspace [RESOLVED] (Fred is a legend)

Post by larowlan »

New monitor, same problem, tried a different version of Acrobat Reader and a different video card - no change
But changing the pdf to a white background fixed it!
So maybe it just doesn't like a transparent background in a pdf?

You are a legend Fred, if you ever need any Drupal or EXT Js Support/Development, drop me a line
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

No problem. Glad I could help, what little I did.

I have never gotten transparency working in pdfs in IM. I think it may be the ghostscript device that is being used. Perhaps it needs to be changed to something else in the delegates.xml file. Anthony's docs about pdfs need to be updated to give such information, if it is possible to have transparency in pdf. http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/formats/#pdf

Perhaps Magick can shed some light on transparency in pdfs at some point.
larowlan

Post by larowlan »

To tell you the truth, I didn't need the transparency but must have set it early on during development.
To be honest it is kind of counter-intuitive - I can't think of a use case where you would need a colour other than white as transparent on a document prepared for a printed medium (ie white areas on page are always transparent when sent to print)