images become jazzy after color change

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
ratneshsoni
Authentication code: 8675308

images become jazzy after color change

Post by ratneshsoni »

in this i have one example in that i have two image one is only resize with resize command and another one is first resize and then color change. For color change i use following command :-
convert $inputimage -colorspace Gray $ouputimage
convert $inputimage -fill '#0000ff' -tint 200 $ouputimage

that first i change the image into gray color then request color.

in this image u can easily find the 1st image is only resize using resize command but for the 2nd image it color change using above command but after that it bcum jazzay.
please help in finding me the solution of this
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: images become jazzy after color change

Post by fmw42 »

Perhaps you could post links to your input and output images and also identify your IM version and platform.

Your tinting is likely affecting anti-aliased pixels differently, some more than others, so you lose the effectiveness of the anti-aliasing from the resize.
ratneshsoni

Post by ratneshsoni »

so what did i use so that image not bcum jazzy.
please help me in this.
anthony

Post by anthony »

We need to see your input and output images. Put them on some hosting service such a DropBox (no need to download there software to use via web) and post the link.

By the way "Jazzy" is not a word! You may know what you mean, but I have no idea what you mean!
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

anthony wrote:We need to see your input and output images. Put them on some hosting service such a DropBox (no need to download there software to use via web) and post the link.

By the way "Jazzy" is not a word! You may know what you mean, but I have no idea what you mean!

Anthony,

His pictures were there for a while. Not sure why they disappeared, but they were posted as one picture and not separate. What appears to be happening is that his coloring is affecting the anti-aliased pixels from a resize in a way that loses the anti-aliased smoothing and so the edges are jaggy (what he means by jazzy, which is actually a word from the root jazz, e.g. music, but not relevant here)

Fred