Run hidden

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Elapido
Authentication code: 8675308

Run hidden

Post by Elapido »

Is there any way I can run a command in hidden mode? I'm using it from Autohotkey and there's no way to hide the command promt screen.
anthony

Re: Run hidden

Post by anthony »

I gather you mean in background without a terminal window.

Of course! IM is designed to run in that way. Just write your script to do what you want, then have your 'hotkey' run it. No big drama.

However to help you more, you will need to be more specific, about what you are trying to do.

ASIDE: A quick look at the Autohotkey web page did not make it very clear if it was Linux (X Window) or Windows based! However the last line talks about registry, so I assume windows. Download also did not make any distinction about OS. I have reported a bug about their web page on their bugs forum.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
Elapido

Post by Elapido »

OK, I've already fixed the problem. I forgot a ',' before the hide option in Autohotkey to hide the screen. Thanx, anyway ;)
whugemann

Post by whugemann »

To get things straight:

Autohotkey is a Windows program which allows simple automisation for GUI programs, even if these offer no keyboard interface. Hiding a command window (in fact, any window) is a feature of the Autohotkey command language and has nothing to do with ImageMagick.

Now that Elapido has bothered us with his problem, I would like to know more about the task he is trying to solve that way. Is this a thing that can't be done by a DOS batch file or VBS?
Wolfgang Hugemann