compose/composite changes in 6.3.8 to current

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
dognose

compose/composite changes in 6.3.8 to current

Post by dognose »

I finally upgraded to the latest version of IM, I'm now working through all the changes in command structure..

in im 6.3.8 to overlay and image with a mask, I used this:

convert overlay.gif mask.gif +matte -compose CopyOpacity -composite \( baseimage.gif \) +swap -geometry +100+100 +compose -composite new.gif

It no longer works, the overlay image does not come through.

Can anyone tell me how I'd update this for 6.4.8?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: compose/composite changes in 6.3.8 to current

Post by fmw42 »

dognose wrote:I finally upgraded to the latest version of IM, I'm now working through all the changes in command structure..

in im 6.3.8 to overlay and image with a mask, I used this:

convert overlay.gif mask.gif +matte -compose CopyOpacity -composite \( baseimage.gif \) +swap -geometry +100+100 +compose -composite new.gif

It no longer works, the overlay image does not come through.

Can anyone tell me how I'd update this for 6.4.8?
Seems overly complex. Can you provide your input and output images so we can see what you are trying to do?
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: compose/composite changes in 6.3.8 to current

Post by anthony »

Looks fine to me..

Oh.. +compose changed to not defulat to 'Over' but to the compose stored in the overlay image, and only to 'Over' if no such setting is defined in the image. That is that same as what +label, +background, etc settings also do.

This was to allow for multiple compose settings in PSD photoshop image format Arrrgghhh...
That is the previous compose setting would be used as it stored in the overlay image you generated.

Change +compose to -compose Over and all should be well...

PPS: I got caught by this myself, within IM Examples.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/