Crash when i try to read in an image

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
imagemani2232

Crash when i try to read in an image

Post by imagemani2232 »

I am using the magic++ demo projects, when i try to run them they all crash when they try to read in an image.

typing Image image is fine but anything like Image myImage("myImage.png") or Image myImage(anotherImageOfImageType); crashes the program.

Any ideas?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Crash when i try to read in an image

Post by magick »

Which compiler are you using? We compiled the binaries with Visual Studio 2010 and there may be some incompatibilities with Visual Studio C++ 2010 and older versions of the compiler. If you are using and older compiler you probably will need to compile the ImageMagick source distribution yourself to workaround this problem.
imagemani2232

Post by imagemani2232 »

Ok, that will be it then, i am using visual studio 2008. Which brings me to my first post on these forums, ho do you build binaries for visual studio 2008 after syncing to the svn source of ImageMagick, i was unable to do this.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/advan ... lation.php to build ImageMagick on Windows from source.
dproc
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by dproc »

FYI I'm seeing the same thing with VS 2008. I built from source (16bbp, DLL) and the utils (convert.exe) built and run OK but my project still doesn't. My project was working with an earlier IM version. Unfortuanetly I don't have time at the moment to get any more details or dig into the problem.