Flip and Flop in Version 7

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
Alan Hadley
Authentication code: 8675308

Flip and Flop in Version 7

Post by Alan Hadley »

Apologies if you know about this but I was just playing with ImageMagick-7.0.0-0~beta20150320-windows. When trying the Magickcore functions FlopImage(), FlipImage(), TransverseImage() and TransposeImage() with some RGBA images only the FlipImage() function works as expected.
The other functions give odd results which seem to indicate that some channels are getting mixed up or missed so that uninitialized memory is used for them. I do not know if this affects other functions or not yet, I am writing some notes in the Help files of my program and am looking at the functions that affect the geometry of images first, DistortImage() and SheerImage() seem OK with the few tests I have done.

Alan Hadley
magick
Site Admin

Re: Flip and Flop in Version 7

Post by magick »

These methods can be accessed from the command-line with -flip, -flop, -transverse, and -transpose. We tried these options against several image types and they all converted properly. Can you post a method we can use to reproduce the problem. Once we can reproduce the problem, we'll have a fix within a day or two.
Alan Hadley
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Flip and Flop in Version 7

Post by Alan Hadley »

I have now solved this problem, I had handled the Read Mask incorrectly in my display routine so that its Traits were not valid. I find it a little odd, but not important, that one out of the four functions mentioned did not have a problem and the other three did.

Alan Hadley