Spreadsheet Fed Variable Inputs?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
getivan
Authentication code: 1152

Spreadsheet Fed Variable Inputs?

Post by getivan » 2019-12-03T15:52:07-07:00

AKA Image Spinning?
I'd like to be able to feed ImageMagick with some Keywords, and have it draw me some basic images (of purely those words) based on those terms.

For example:
Red Bear
Blue Bear
Green Bear
etc...

So, a CSV Spreadsheet with columns for things like 1280x720 rectangle, with variable color background, and variable color text, and variable font, etc.
One column would contain keywords, and another column a certain variable, and so-on, and so-forth.

That would be ideal, and then I could just feed this program a CSV, and have it spit-out a gigantic number of images.
Does anyone have anything premade for this kind of thing?

It's basically image spinning.
Even something super simple, purely focusing on variable keywords, would be a good starting place.

Asking, here, first, to see if I can save some time, before I dive in.
Thanks for your support! :)

fmw42

Re: Spreadsheet Fed Variable Inputs?

Post by fmw42 » 2019-12-03T16:27:59-07:00

You can do that with scripting. But you do not say what IM version or platform you are using. You would have to write a custom script for the variable you put into the fields of the spreadsheet. There is nothing premade in Imagemagick to do that. You have to parse the spreadsheet after it is converted to text format, such as by commas or by spaces or by tabs. Then know which columns are which variable and how they translate into IM methods. You might ask on the Consulting forum here if you are willing to pay for such development.

getivan

Post by getivan » 2019-12-03T19:55:53-07:00

fmw42 wrote:
2019-12-03T16:27:59-07:00
You can do that with scripting. But you do not say what IM version or platform you are using. You would have to write a custom script for the variable you put into the fields of the spreadsheet. There is nothing premade in Imagemagick to do that. You have to parse the spreadsheet after it is converted to text format, such as by commas or by spaces or by tabs. Then know which columns are which variable and how they translate into IM methods. You might ask on the Consulting forum here if you are willing to pay for such development.
Nah, I'm just looking for something basic.
Somebody, here, has surely created something simple, like this, that I can piggy-back on, no?

I thought the whole point of this thing was batch design?

fmw42

Post by fmw42 » 2019-12-03T23:54:53-07:00

Yes, batch, in the sense that you can run the same existing commands on many files either using mogrify or by doing your own custom scripting.

The Imagemagick team can offer help with Imagemagick commands, but scripting is for the most part up to you. Often we can help with simple scripts or some other users might be willing to show you the way.

If you want to pay, then someone might be willing to create the script files for you.