PAID: convert any type of image to flattened RGB tiff

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
josephs
Authentication code: 6789

PAID: convert any type of image to flattened RGB tiff

Post by josephs »

Hi All.

I have what is probably a fairly simple paid project for the right person. Yet its important that I have this done properly because I will be processing over 300,000 images for a customer and I cant take any chances with errors, and/or degrade the quality of the output during conversion.

In summary, I need to convert any type of image to a flattened RGB tiff image, and require help only for the part of the script that accomplishes that, for example,

convert "C:\...\input_image.xxx" -profile "C:\...\USWebCoatedSWOP.icc" -profile "C:\...\AdobeRGB1998.icc" "C:\...\output_image.tiff"

The input images will typically be jpgs, png, psd, tiff, webp. But this is not assumed and I need to account for any type of input image. Furthermore, input images will have different profiles and colorspaces, and some may have no embedded profile. If input image contains layers, it must be flatted - layers not needed. The script must account for all this, without assumptions.

Its important to note that I am not interested in enhancing the images in any way, but maintaining the integrity of the image so that it is as close to the original as possible from the conversion to tiff (same colors, resolution, size, etc...).

Im using ImageMagick-7.0.8-23-Q16-HDRI-x64-dll on Windows 10.

Looking forward.

snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: PAID: convert any type of image to flattened RGB tiff

Post by snibgo »

It isn't a simple project.

Should all the outputs be a single colorspace? If so, what? Perhaps sRGB. Or should some outputs be in different colorspaces? I guess you want the outputs to contain embedded profiles?

Perhaps you want the output TIFFs to be lossless-compressed. Or perhaps you want uncompressed.

By "flattened", I assume you mean with no transparency.
josephs wrote:Furthermore, input images will have different profiles and colorspaces, and some may have no embedded profile. ... The script must account for all this, without assumptions.
If an input has no embedded profile, the script must assume some appropriate profile.
josephs wrote:If input image contains layers, it must be flatted - layers not needed.
ImageMagick ignores layers. But perhaps you mean an input file may contain multiple images.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com

josephs

Post by josephs »

Well definitely not simple for me, but was hoping someone we see it as simple.

Yes, all output in sRGB colorspace. There will be alot complex processing algorithms in the IM script after the images are converted to TIFF so I believe this is best choice.

The output image will retain the input images embedded profile.

If there is no profile, I suppose IM will assume sRGB?

The TIFFs will uncompressed.

I didn't know that ImageMagick ignores layers. But by "flattened" i mean merge all visible layers, if the image contains layers. And no transparency.

snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

josephs wrote:The output image will retain the input images embedded profile.
Why? A profile defines the colorimetric interpretation of the pixel values. If the pixels are converted to a new profile, that new profile should replace the old one. If it doesn't, then software will mis-interpret pixel values.

Yes, IM will (like most software) interpret images with no embedded profile as sRGB.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com

josephs

Post by josephs »

Yes, you described what I want, and I was mistaken they way I described that. The new profile should replace the old one for the reason mentioned.

josephs

Post by josephs »

Hi All.

UPDATE: I was able to find a solution with some help, so this job is no longer needed.

Thank you.