Converting a rgb image to cmyk with photoshop paths

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
tomsen

Converting a rgb image to cmyk with photoshop paths

Post by tomsen »

Hi all!

I've got a problem with converting a jpeg to cmyk.
Here the command (Win):

Code: Select all

convert import.jpg -profile "sRGB Profile".icc -profile "ECI.icc" -colorspace cmyk profile_cmyk.jpg
Everything works fine, but after converting, the paths in the image are lost.

Does anybody know how I can keep the embedded paths?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings
Tom
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

You do not need to specify the colorspace option since the profile option sets the proper colorspace automatically.

What embedded paths are you talking about? Can you post a URL to your image so we can inspect it?
tomsen

Post by tomsen »

Thank you for your answer.
You do not need to specify the colorspace option since the profile option sets the proper colorspace automatically.

Ok. I remove this command.

The jpg-image I want to convert inheres Photoshop clipping paths. And these are lost after the conversion to cmyk. Futhermore, the filesize grows with the factor 5!
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

You need to remove the color profile with +profile icc to restore the smaller image size. The clipping path should remain. Perhaps you are using an older version of ImageMagick. The current version is 6.3.2-1. We might be able to help further if you post a URL to your image.