CMYK EPS to TIFF conversion problems.

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
fbreschi

CMYK EPS to TIFF conversion problems.

Post by fbreschi »

Dear all,

I'm on IM 6.3.0, GS 8.5.4, Solaris10 X86. IM installed as a package from sunfreeware.com

When I try to convert a CMYK EPS file to TIF...

convert CMYK.eps CMYK.tif

unlike the RGB version, the conversion gives out:

Unknown device: pam
Unrecoverable error: undefined in .uninstallpagedevice
Operand stack:
defaultdevice
Unknown device: pam
Unrecoverable error: undefined in .uninstallpagedevice
Operand stack:
defaultdevice
convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/var/tmp/magick-XX09airf'.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XX09airf'.

the only way I have to accomplish the conversion is:

convert -colorspace RGB CMYK.eps RGB.tif

... but there's no way to get the output file bound to the input resolution i.e. 300 DPI, it always defaults to 72 DPI. If I use a -resample switch (i.e. -resample 50x50), it just works on the image size as a proportion of the argument in -resampled.

For the first issue, since I'm quite new to IM, I feel I probably missed to install a necessary component to support CMYK conversion, for the second I couldn't find anything useful in the docs...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Fabian
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Edit delegates.xml and change DEVICE=pam to device=bmpsep8. Alternatively you can install a version of Ghostscript that supports the pam device.
fbreschi

Post by fbreschi »

magick wrote: Edit delegates.xml and change DEVICE=pam to device=bmpsep8. Alternatively you can install a version of Ghostscript that supports the pam device.

Hi, the suggested modification has solved the problem.

Thanks a lot for your support !

Fab.