Install MagickWand on OS 10.4

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
bennettphoto

Install MagickWand on OS 10.4

Post by bennettphoto »

After spending the entire weekend trying to install ImageMagick and MagickWand for PHP on OS 10.4, I'm quite defeated. Judging by all the WEB postings and different solutions by users who are occasionally thrilled to get them actually working, it seems that this is not an uncommon problem, especially for we Unix neophytes.

My ImageMagick installation may be working, but I definitely can't install MagickWand I can't get past rm ./configure or ./buildconf --force. I keep being told that the are no such files or directories when I try to execute the commands.

Please could somebody give me some advice as I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Thank you,

PB

(Apologies for my posting in the MagickWand C forum)
bennettphoto

Re: Install MagickWand on OS 10.4

Post by bennettphoto »

I now, thanks to Loki's help, seem to have IM working, but no luck with MagickWand.

My OS X PHP5 directory structure:
/usr/local/php5/ (contains:bin, etc, include, lib, libphp5.so, oracle, php.d, share)
/usr/local/php5/php/include/ext/magickwand

phpize from the magickwand dir works.

The only configure file that I can find to remove is in the magickwand dir. Do I remove this?

I don't know the dir from where I should run buildconf.

In any event, Bash tells me "buildconf: command not found".

I don't have a clue about what step 5) in the Installation instructions means.

I'm quite proficient with PHP and just want to program my app!

Thanks

B.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We use Redhat. We move to the magickwand folder and type configure followed by make. We then copy the modules/magickwand.so file to the PHP extension path (e.g. /usr/lib/php/modules). Next we need to permit the extension so we edit php.ini and add extension=magickwand.so. This should work under Mac OS X except the MagickWand module may have a different name and the PHP paths are probably different.
bennettphoto

Post by bennettphoto »

Thank you,

I'll try this this evening. I've really have been stuck!

PB
bennettphoto

Post by bennettphoto »

Hi,

I have tried your instructions but get the following error with configure;
(Perhaps from past installation attempts? I ran phpize again in this dir, but got the same error.)

I'd appreciate your suggestions as I know no Unix.

Thank you in advance,

pb

noname:/usr/local/php5/include/php/ext/magickwand pb$ configure
configuring ImageMagick 6.3.2
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/local/src/ImageMagick-6.3.2/config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there first
noname:/usr/local/php5/include/php/ext/magickwand pb$