Completely disabling certain delegates and image coders

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
warp

Completely disabling certain delegates and image coders

Post by warp »

Hello

I want to disable certain delegates and image coders in a web application - without modifying the server-wide installation of ImageMagick.

I've found the delegates.xml for editing the delegates and supplied my own using MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH. ImageMagick finds and loads my config file, but unfortunately, it seems it will afterwards also load the system wide delegates file. Is there a way to _truly_ override the delegates file? I do not want to add to the delegates, I want to remove delegates without editting the system delegates.xml (as it's supplied by the package management system and I'd rather use the standard packages)

Also, how can I disable certain built-in coders, so ImageMagick won't even try executing them? I found a magic.xml file which obviously maps certain magick cookies to file types - if I remove entries there, will the file types I remove there stop being decoded?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Completely disabling certain delegates and image coders

Post by magick »

Looks like you need to install your own instance of ImageMagick with the --disable-installed configure script command line. That gives you complete control over your instance of ImageMagick.