Possible bug convert PCL to any other format

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
ewong

Possible bug convert PCL to any other format

Post by ewong »

Hi,

I'm using 6.4.1-Q16 binary version, and I'm not able to convert a PCL format file to any other format e.g. JPG, PNG, etc.

Here is the error I'm getting:
convert: `%s': %s "pcl6.exe" -q -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOPROMPT -dMaxBitmap=500000000 -dEPSCrop -dAlignToPixels=0 -dGridFitTT=0 "
-sDEVICE=pnmraw" -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 "-r72x72" -g612x792 "-sOutputFile=C:/DOCUME~1/ewong/LOCALS~1/Temp/magick-KLGCLxim" "C:/DOCUME~1/ewong/LOCALS~1/Temp/magick-UxUdzsUM".
convert: PCL delegate failed `image.pcl'.
convert: missing an image filename `image.png'.

Any idea?

Thanks!
Eunice
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Possible bug convert PCL to any other format

Post by fmw42 »

Strange behavior if you are using a binary install.

type:

convert -list configure

to see what image delegates are installed. Look for the line something like this in mine:

DELEGATES bzlib fontconfig freetype gs jpeg jp2 lcms lqr openexr png tiff x11 xml zlib
tsdineen

Post by tsdineen »

Unless this has changed, IM needs pcl6 to convert pcl to anything. This application can be found in the GhostPCl installation.
ewong

Post by ewong »

This is what I have:

DELEGATES bzlib freetype jpeg jp2 lcms png tiff x11 xml wmf zlib

But I think missing pcl6 is my main problem. I'll install that and try again.

Thanks much!
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

ImageMagick supports delegate libraries and programs. Only delegate libraries show up in the DELEGATES tag for the identify -list command. For delegate programs, add -verbose to the convert command and it will display the command ImageMagick is using to process your image files (e.g. image.pcl). The PCL image format requires the PCL program. For Windows, as you have seen, it wants pcl6.exe in your execution path.