linker problems

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
graemeNPS

linker problems

Post by graemeNPS »

I am using ImageMagick (IM) v6.3.4 libs to do image processing in my application.
When I build release libs in Visual Studio 2003 (VC7), I can link without errors to the resulting IM libs from my application, also built using VC7.
When I build debug libs in VC7, I get linker errors when I try to link to the resulting IM libs from my application, also built using VC7.
The IM configure step yielded a solution file name thus: VisualStaticMTDLL.sln

I cannot find any discrepancy between settings for any project in the IM build solution and my application projects.

The following linker ouput (which I have edited somewhat) shows the issue:
DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyMagick referenced in function "public: int __thiscall DNGAPIWrapper::GetThumb(char const *,char const *)" (?GetThumb@DNGAPIWrapper@@QAEHPBD0@Z)
DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyExceptionInfo DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyImageInfo DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CatchException referenced DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ConvertImageCommand DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CloneImageInfo referenced DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetExceptionInfo referenced DNGAPIWrapper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) void __cdecl Magick::InitializeMagick(char const *)" (__imp_?InitializeMagick@Magick@@YAXPBD@Z) referenced

My application project settings do point to the correct directory to find CORE_DB_Magick_.lib.
Every debug project is set to "Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)"
Every release project is set to "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)"

Any ideas on where to look for a fix to this problem would be appreciated.