Installation Issues with XAMPP

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
pixelthief

Installation Issues with XAMPP

Post by pixelthief »

I've just reinstalled my machine using XAMPP to install Apache, PHP, MySQL, et al. I'm now trying to install ImageMagick onto the system and getting it talking nicely to PHP.

I've installed ImageMagick 6.6.3-0 and placed php_imagick.dll into my PHP extension folder. The php.ini file points to the extension, all should be running fine, however when I start Apache I get the following errors:

[*]The program can't start because CORE_RL_wand_.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
[*]PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_imagick.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks.
imhavoc

Re: Installation Issues with XAMPP

Post by imhavoc »

I'm not so sure about the CORE_RL_wand_.dll problem, but I also had a problem with the php_imagick.dll. I found out that you need the VC6 rather than VC9 version of it. (http://www.sk89q.com/2010/03/vc6-window ... ick-2-3-0/)
Bonzo

Re: Installation Issues with XAMPP

Post by Bonzo »

As imhavoc saya wrong .dll file; there does not seem to be a repository of old .dll's and again I do not know which one you need but it would not do any harm to try the one suggested.