Can't Monitor Progress

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
KillaH425

Can't Monitor Progress

Post by KillaH425 »

I want to make a program that outputs "Loading..." while the program is working but it only seems to monitor the file save. My program creates a panaromic JPG as big as it can (only 80 wide because of the 65500px width limit). I use the command "convert Output1.jpg Output2.jpg ... +append OutputFull.jpg" and I tried using -monitor but it only monitors the saving of the image which takes like 2 seconds but the first 1-2 minutes I'm assuming it is opening the files and actually appending them and saving to memory or something. That is what I want to track, basically just the beginning of the process and when it's done, is there any hook I can use? I know there is some way in C++ to do it probably using the monitor.h function and I am also interested in a solution in VB. Also, I noticed there is a way to combine like filenames when using append like the example

Code: Select all

convert dragon_long.gif  '(' font_{0,0,6,2,9}.gif +append ')' \
              -background none   -append   append_parenthesis.gif
on http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/layers/. I tried using that with just appending my files, so Output{1,2,...}.jpg and it gave me an error that it didn't recognize the filename literally. Any thoughts?

Thanks
el_supremo

Re: Can't Monitor Progress

Post by el_supremo »

You don't show where you put the -monitor option but your description of the output suggests it was near the end of the command.
Try this:

Code: Select all

convert -monitor Output1.jpg Output2.jpg ... +append OutputFull.jpg
Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Can't Monitor Progress

Post by fmw42 »

If you have more commands or want to only monitor one part, you can also use +monitor in recent versions of IM (ImageMagick 6.6.0-10 or later) to stop the monitor from continuing to other commands.