"Identifying" JPEG 2000

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
whugemann
Authentication code: 8675308

"Identifying" JPEG 2000

Post by whugemann »

I have a JPEG 2000 image that I would like to analyse in some more detail. Most of all, I would like to know whether it was encoded losslessly. What makes me suspect this is that the JPEG 2000 version of the image (encoded as greyscale with 12 bit depth) is only slightly smaller than the 16-bit PNG version of the image (which is ZIPped, as Identify happens to tell me).

But Identify, even if called with the -verbose option, only tells me "compression: JPEG2000", although JPEG 2000 allows "a plethora" of encoding options (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/jp2.php), which I can actually envoke when using ImageMagick to *encode* JPEG 2000.

So my question goes: Is there a way to learn somewhat more about a JPEG 2000 encoded image? (Hopefully some "magick" option ...)

Wolfgang Hugemann
Wolfgang Hugemann