DLL dependency errors Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
sn4p
Authentication code: 8675308

DLL dependency errors Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2

Post by sn4p »

I'm using the dlls (CORE_RL_MAGICK_.dll etc.) for image manipulation. It works in Windows 7 but it is broken on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. I have even compiled the dlls from source using Visual Studio 2013 on a Windows 8.1 machine, but the dlls still have missing dependencies. If I open theCORE_RL_MAGICK_.dll in Dependency Walker I get the following missing dlls:

•API-MS-WIN-CORE-KERNEL32-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL
•API-MS-WIN-CORE-PRIVATEPROFILE-L1-1-1.DLL
•API-MS-WIN-CORE-SHUTDOWN-L1-1-1.DLL
•API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL
•EXT-MS-WIN-NTUSER-UICONTEXT-EXT-L1-1-0.DLL

Some of the dlls are found in SysWow64\downlevel but it still doesn't work even if I move them to system32. They show up as x86 instead of x64 in dependency walker.

I though it was something simple like installing Visual Studio Redist. pack. but it doesn't fix the problem. I've googled it and found other similar problems from other people using different dlls with win8.1. I personally think it has something to do that the dlls are using deprecated foundation classes or something.

I have tried version 6.9.1 and 6.7.1 and the bug is present in both versions, so I assume it exists in every version of ImageMagick.

I'm out of ideas. Any help appreciated.
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: DLL dependency errors Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2

Post by dlemstra »

Which version of the Visual Studio C++ redistributable pack did you install?
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate